Saturday, March 3, 2012

We're having a baby this week!!

This is one of the most exciting posts I've written!

The baby has been breech for months, so my doctor has scheduled a c-section for this upcoming Thursday.  The hospital called yesterday to give me all the info I would need to be ready.  I think the hardest part is going to be going without food or coffee in the morning, but then again I will be so excited I think I'll manage!  If I was smart, I would have weaned myself from coffee by now, but we just got a Keurig so there's no way that's gonna happen now - those things make coffee fun!

I spent the day getting last-minute things done:  cleaning the ball-and-chain (aka Medela pump); buying replacement pump parts and slow flow nipples; gathering clothes that need to be washed in the special baby detergent; and getting our family's new ride - a minivan!  That's right, we have a minivan.  I never thought I'd drive one (I actually always said I'd never drive one.  But as a young, wise, baby-faced, Canadian-born pop singer said: "Never say never.")  Anyway, after comparing multiple cars in our price range nothing compared to the van for a family with 2 car seats and a 75lb furry son (aka Wesley, our chocolate lab).

If you are reading this, I hope you are as excited as we are!

No comments: